They are around the corner. They are LURKING. They are merely a week away.
They are NOT a definition of your self worth. They are NOT worth seriously compromising your health. They are NOT going to ruin your month if you don’t let them.
Now is the time I like to practice some zen and take stock of where I am mentally, and I encourage you to do the same. I believe not enough is said about the importance of mental well being and its correlation to success in test taking.
How will you achieve this zen? or at least put yourself in a good mood before finals??
- Surround yourself with positive energy. Find friends that uplift you and study together. Even if you only have an hour in a day free, spend it with someone that makes you feel rejuvenated.
- Cook. Controlling everything that goes into you body is surprisingly therapeutic, trust me. Take time to make a good meal and enjoy it because you deserve it. While you’re at it make a bunch of leftovers so you’re not stressing about food during finals week
- PLAN. If you’re a little intimidated, have no fear. I have TONS of planners, and a nice little array of finals planners for FREE wahoo! Know what studying you’re up against ahead of time! IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE
- Water. DUH.
- Plan some fun studying breaks. Hit a yoga class! Plan an ice cream date! DONT lock yourself in the library for 48 hours. Instead, aim for 2-4 hour studying chunks (stretching at least once an hour)
- Call someone you love and tell them you love them. Get some good karma going in your life!
- Practice Gratitude. If you’re new to it dont worry, I have a printable for this too. Appreciate the little things that make a difference in your life.
Finals got nothin on you!
One thought on “Pre- Finals Positivity”